Re: internships query

Subject: Re: internships query
From: BurkBrick -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 1994 11:24:30 EDT

>I worked as a part-time assistant tech
>writer, and was paid an hourly wage
>that was so miserable I don't want
>to admit what it was.

Heck, it can't be worse than what I did - I did an internship with a local
magazine and *paid* for it (in order to get college credit) and got *no*
salary.

The experience has kept me out of the magazine publishing industry, though,
which saves a few ulcers, I think! Actually, the experience was good, too - I
got to see what submissions look like, what an editor does and doesn't like,
what the process is for getting things in, and worked with some neat people.

Barb Philbrick