Re: (tangent) Click or clic

Subject: Re: (tangent) Click or clic
From: BurkBrick -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 12:32:48 EDT

>As for a recent comment about including a graphic instead
>of the button label, I think that's extra work that doesn't add
>anything as long as the name you mention is the one they
>find on the button. I would find it especially time consuming
>because I sometimes document Windows software using
>FrameMaker on my Mac. Capturing and transporting these
>images is difficult enough to discourage its frequent use.

True. I capture the images in Windows and put them into Corel Photopaint. I
clean them up there, and then copy them into Ventura or Word (depends what
the client wants). In Ventura, once you create the frame, you just put a
frame anchor with the same name in wherever you want it to appear, so it's
quick and easy (set the frame anchor to Relative, at Anchor). In Word, I copy
them, so it's not too bad there, either. I haven't worked with a document
that requires these in Frame yet, so I don't know how well it'll work. I
expected to use the Reference Page for them, but it doesn't work as I
expected it to, so I'll have to figure out a way.

BTW, I went to one of the Manual Evaluation Workshops at the conference, and
the evaluator really liked the use of the buttons in the text. He suggested I
change some other things to make the page less busy, but wanted me to keep
the buttons.

Barb