Re: Fonts, resumes, and printing

Subject: Re: Fonts, resumes, and printing
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 09:44:05 -0700

> Nancy Hoft - CONTRACTOR HRIS said:
> > But I think they're scared about spending money, even
> > a "lousy $75", because they don't know if it will take them
> > 3 months or even a year to find another job. When you're
> > out of work that long, a "lousy $75" means a few weeks of
> > groceries.

Karen Kay points out that Kinko's laser printers are cheap. there's also
cheap fonts.
From any shareware source, one can buy a disk of Windows TrueType fonts for
$2 to $3. If one gets sends off to America On Line (AOL) for a free ten
hour account, one can download many fonts for free.

I agree with Nancy's point: many of our colleagues can't afford several
hundred dollars in stuff which others may think to be normal. Luckily,
there are ways to get around this, such as kinko's laser printers and
(nearly) free fonts.

yrs,
andreas