(Non)Degreed and insu

Subject: (Non)Degreed and insu
From: Karen Steele <karen -at- BILBO -dot- SUITE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 10:44:31 -0500

Marilynne writes...

> I agree about the portfolio. My portfolio is a bit thin
> since I

<Snip>

>2. Worked as a contractor for other
> companies (I can't show their documentation because no
> one is supposed to know a contractor did it.)

>3. Have written many book-sized works. How many of those do you
> think I want to haul around to an interview?

Point 2: As a contractor you should be able to show samples of the work
you do. In writing your contract, specify that you will use samples for
marketing purposes. The client can dictate which samples, if necessary.
I suggest you either meet with the client and agree on sections that are
politically non-volatile, or strip the company & product names from the
samples you decide to use.

Point 3: Choose 2 or 3 pages each of conceptual, procedural and
process oriented information from books.

These solutions aren't perfect, but they work.