Re: (Non)Degreed and insulted

Subject: Re: (Non)Degreed and insulted
From: Patrick B Bjork <bjork -at- BADLANDS -dot- NODAK -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 10:31:49 -0500

On Thu, 2 Jun 1994, Marilynne Smith wrote:

> I agree with you. However, it was explained to me that I was missing the
> point. Having the piece of paper is the correct way to play the game. Not
> having the piece of paper is to be like a wild card - an unknown.

> Personally, I'd rather be a wild card.

> -Marilynne

I'm new to this list so I haven't been able to follow this thread but
from what little I've read, I have to wonder: Why the disdain for education?
Isn't that what we are? Educators who learn first, teach second, and
continue learning third? In other words, when educators show disdain for
the process and *discipline* of education, why should students respond
any differently?

--Patrick bjork -at- badlands -dot- nodak -dot- edu