Writing on the go

Subject: Writing on the go
From: "logendra (l.) naidoo" <naidoo -at- BNR -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 09:16:00 -0400

Hi.

I am writing an installation manual for a wireless phone system. Part of
the process for writing the manual involves visiting an actual
installation site (one room), with a laptop, and capturing every move
the installers make. The entire installation process should take about
three weeks. Also, I have been instructed to keep my questions to a
minimum.

Therefore, I was wondering if any writers have experienced similar
writing situations. The merits of such a situation seem obvious (the
info. will be before my eyes). However, I would like to identify any
problems I might encounter ahead of time. Any hints? Advice? Dos and
don'ts?

Thanks,

Logendra Naidoo
Information Developer