Re: Cleaning Scanned Images

Subject: Re: Cleaning Scanned Images
From: nash -at- MUDSHARK -dot- SUNQUEST -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 31 May 1994 10:06:06 PDT

Rather than slave away with Paintbrush (yikes!), Allow me to suggest that you
kick the tires on Picture Publisher by Micrografx. Not only can you clean up
scanned images, you can create elegant technical line art, grey scale, etc. It
also comes with a better scanner interface than the one that came with our 600
dip scanner! You can also rework photographs about as well as with Adobe
Photoshop. Unfortunately, this is the only package I know of for the PC that is

as comprehensive as the draw and paint packages which have been available for
the Mac environment. Good luck.