Re: Information forTechnical Writers

Subject: Re: Information forTechnical Writers
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 11:18:22 CDT

Code name ``Clearly'' from America Online writes:
|} Representative,
|}
|} I'm new at the online game, so bear with me. I heard that you may offer
|} services that I'm interested in.
|}
|} Please let me know what's available. Thanks

Dear Clearly,

I'm not really a representative of the group unless you go by ``typical
of others of the same class,'' maybe not even then. The only ``service''
we offer is information, lively debate, and discussion centered around
the topic of technical writing (communication) as a profession.

We offer this service in two flavors, passive absorption, or active
participation. That's about it. It's really great though. If you have
a question, throw it out. You'll get opinions, suggestions, discussion,
and help from others interested in the topic from around the world.

Topics range from theory and principles of communication to tools to
grammar and punctuation. Suggest you just sort of monitor the list for
a few days or weeks, to see if it's for you. There are a couple of other
AOLers om the list that may be able to help with the specific mechanics
of signing up on AOL.

Cheers,
/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ sfouts -at- ellison -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ "These are not books, lumps of lifeless paper,
but _minds_ alive on the shelves." -- Gilbert Highet