Opinions About the Role of Professional Organizations

Subject: Opinions About the Role of Professional Organizations
From: Tom Hoyt <thoyt -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 May 1994 15:52:48 -0700

As part of a research project, I am interested in hearing from technical
communicators about what role professional associations/organizations play,
or do not play, in their careers. Does an organization like STC provide
you with the information, services, and support you need to grow your
career and fulfill your professional aspirations? For those of you who are
senior-level communicators, do the professional organizations provide
opportunities for you to continue your growth as a communicator, or are the
programs and information they offer geared more toward entry-level
positions and tasks? If you could create the perfect professional
technical communication organization, what would it look like? Please
respond to me privately at thoyt -at- qualcomm -dot- com, and I will summarize the

Tom Hoyt
Senior Technical Writer
QUALCOMM, Inc.
San Diego, CA