Re: How do I show an example?

Subject: Re: How do I show an example?
From: Glen Accardo <glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 May 1994 14:59:26 CDT

> Gentle people,

> o Showing exactly one example, explicitly labeling it as such. I fear that

> o Showing more than one example of this window, so the user can see what

> o Not showing any example window(s), but describing it briefly in text.

> What do *you* think I ought to do?

Our product is somewhat similar. We pretty much show one example and use the
text to explain that they may not see anything even remotely similar to what
the example shows. However (we make database query/reporting tools) we do
ship a sample database and use that in our docs. If people really want to
DO the examples, it is possible to get pretty darned close to pretty much
every screen we show in the manuals.

Nice vague answer, huh?

glen accardo glen -at- softint -dot- com
Software Interfaces, Inc. (713) 492-0707
Houston, TX 77084

Did the Corinthians ever write back?