Microsoft's style guide

Subject: Microsoft's style guide
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- CRABAPPLE -dot- BITNET>
Date: Thu, 5 May 1994 13:43:41 IDT

The famous "Developing Online Help for Windows" book mentions the
existence of a writers' style guide from Microsoft, not formally
published but here and there informally available.

I heard a rumor that Microsoft might actually publish the book; later
on, Jack Shaw posted a message mentioning "The GUI Guide/International
Terminology for The Windows Interface, ISBN 1-55615-538-7, from
Microsoft Press." Could it be that a list of terms is all that
Microsoft actually intended to publish, rather than their more
comprehensive style guide? Or are the two guides actually the
same thing?

Anyone have enlightenment to share?

PS - Apologies to those list-readers who receive this message more than once.

PPS - Anyone who wishes to reply to me personally, please use the address
below. Don't trust the header.
Mark L. Levinson mark -at- dcl-see -dot- co -dot- il
SEE Technologies, Box 544, fax +972-9-543917
46105 Herzlia, Israel voice +972-9-584684, ext. 230