Seeking info re: tools for demonstrative tutorials

Subject: Seeking info re: tools for demonstrative tutorials
From: Patrick O'Connell <patricko -at- EICON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 16:24:00 PDT

We (Eicon Technology) are looking to do is integrate our MS-Windows online
help more closely with our applications, at least as a pilot project. A key
aspect of this would be the ability to record and play back demonstrations
of actual application usage as any of, in order of preference:

1) Windows events (i.e., keystrokes, mouse-clicks, etc.)
2) frame-based animation
3) digitally stored video (i.e., AVI)

Here's the kicker: our best solution would be one that combines the
simplicity of playing back Win events with the ability to display chunks of
explanatory text when we want to. Suggestions, everybody? Questions?

Thanx
PatO'
|Patrick Brian O'Connell > Intermediate Technical Writer|
|Internet: patricko -at- eicon -dot- com < Eicon Technology Corporation|
|Tel: (H) 514-482-9279 > (B) 514-631-9825 x250|
.------"Ciall agus neart">>>>>>>>>>>>>>"Strength and knowledge"-----.
|"At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and |
| charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill contained |
| the antidote." -- Emo Phillips |