Re: style questions

Subject: Re: style questions
From: Ann Balaban <annb -at- DADD -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 1994 13:31:08 CDT

> However, according to British style, and what would be reasonable when
> documenting software, punctuation can/should go outside the quotes if it
> does not belong to the quoted phrase, quoted when inside. Alas, no editor
> I've encountered will accept this. -- Mike Pope

> >2) When a filename ends in a period and is at the end of a sentence, do
> >you add the period for punctuation? Or, would you just rewrite the
> >sentence?
> >
> >Thanks for your help
> >Beth
We do ours as Mike suggested is reasonable. To me it seems to make more
sense, especially when periods, commas, etc., are used in some filenames.
This is according to the Semiconductor Division Style Guidelines developed
by tech writers and managers at TI.

--
Ann Balaban INTERNET: annb -at- dadd -dot- ti -dot- com
Texas Instruments Voice: (214) 917-1724