Gopher this & that...

Subject: Gopher this & that...
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 1994 15:27:09 -0700

Since Brad gave us his list of mailing lists, I'll add the following. I
found this one day, while gophering around.

yrs,
andreas
Andreas Ramos, M.A. Heidelberg Sacramento, California

Here's the best thing I have found on the Internet. You can throw away
all of those books, including the "Internet Yellow Pages", etc. It's the
Nova Scotia Technology Network in Canada. They keep a list of mailing
lists, newsgroups, FAQ's, and other stuff, which you can search by
keyword, etc. It's easy to use; you don't need to download this every
month, etc. It's always updated for you.

Use gopher and select North America and then select Canada.
From the list of sites in Canada, select the "Nova Scotia Technology
Network" site.
Select the item "Internet Resources". That's it. You found the treasure
grove.

Item # 7) Mail Lists. Select this and a further menu will let you search
by any word for mailing lists. There is also an item which explains how to
join any mailing list.

Item #10) Oakland Simtel. Select this and you can search for all sorts of
programs.

Item #11) Search Newsgroups. Select this and you can search for any
newsgroup by any word.

There are also items so that you can search for any FAQ (Freqently Asked
Question) or any RFC (Requests for Comments).

Folks, this is the most useful thing I've found. It's constantly updated
and easy to use.

Verily, verily, it is written in the Book of the Lord: search, and Ye
shall find.