Re: Violent metaphors and gender

Subject: Re: Violent metaphors and gender
From: Robert Bononno <bononno -at- ACF2 -dot- NYU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 1994 22:26:05 -0400

Re all the abort, retry, fail messages that have been furiously flowing
past my tired eyes, I thought the following appropriate.

Attached to a recent demo version of a software package, the following
note was attached:

"as mentioned, it's got a time bomb in it that explodes after 60 days."

Nothing like an endearing message to generate that warm, fuzzy feeling at
the end of a hard day. I'll be hovering over my PC at the expiration of
the 60-day period with fire extinguisher and first-aid kit in hand. If
I'm not back, please remember to call out the Red Cross.

Robert Bononno /// Techline
bononno -at- acf2 -dot- nyu -dot- edu
CIS 73670,1570