Re: Magazines and Journals

Subject: Re: Magazines and Journals
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 1994 10:56:54 -0700

Dear Doug and Val,
For magazines of layout, the most important ones are THE FACE and ID. The
fellow who is the typographer at THE FACE is responsible for the layout
and type revolution of the 80's (the last major revolution was in the 20's
with san-serif fonts, DADA, and modernist style). These are at any large
newsstand. The FACE is British.
There's also GRAPHIS, which is the bible of the arts and design
department. It's a monthly, with the best (current rage) in world layout
and advertising. It's published in English and German. Any decent library
has this.

yrs,
andreas