What is techie language?

Subject: What is techie language?
From: "TENNE. MICHAEL" <TENN5612 -at- VARNEY -dot- IDBSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 1994 16:51:55 LCL

I am a student at Boise State University and a new subscriber to the
TECHWR list. In reading all of the bantering back and forth on the
subject of gender in the computer world, there are frequent
references to 'techie' writing.

I am a red-blooded male who is not afraid to admit that techie
writing, whatever it is, would probably stump me as well. Is there a
specific audience for which this type of writing is targeted?

Sitting in the computer labs at school, I am able to do an informal
study which seems to indicate that just as many women are using the
computers as men. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't these the
types of people who manuals are written for? I think there are some
of you who may have been living in your caves for just a little too
long. For those of you who don't own calendars, this is 1994 and
there are women using computers, reading manuals and watching Star
Trek.

Michael Tenne