Re: gender, sex & biology

Subject: Re: gender, sex & biology
From: Michael LaTorra <mikel -at- HUEY -dot- ACCUGRAPH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 1994 15:11:55 MDT

> On Tue, 12 Apr 1994, Michael LaTorra wrote:
> >
> > To sum up, I say that technical communication is gender-free.
> >

> Sure it is! That's why computer magazine readers are 97.5% men. That's
> more men readers than even for BIKER magazine, or Playboy.

> yrs,
> andreas

Technical communication is gender-free, but technical interest is
not, as computer magazine readership shows. Technical communication
is gender-free, and the profession of technical writing is almost
perfectly balanced between men and women, with the women slightly
outnumbering men.

Live long & prosper,
Mike LaTorra
Documentation Supervisor
Accugraph Inc.
mikel -at- huey -dot- accugraph -dot- com