Re: Online Help Usability

Subject: Re: Online Help Usability
From: Jonathan Price <jonprice -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 1994 13:03:23 EDT

Re: Pezzini on DEC usage of help:
Agh! If all you offer as help is context sensitive info, then all I get is
information about the elements of your interface. But what if I want to know
how to do something, and don't know which element to use? Do I have to turn
to the book reader? This is torture. Book readers just drive me crazy. How
long, oh how long do I have to wait to get to the right page? No matter how
you hypertext it up, you are pouring fudge on my screen.
Better: put all the information that you have into help, so I can look up
anything quickly. The book readers ought to be called: Slow Access. Or 19th
Century Reading by Candlelight.

Jonathan Price
Communication Circle
918 La Senda, NW