SGML backgrounder

Subject: SGML backgrounder
From: Michael LaTorra <mikel -at- HUEY -dot- ACCUGRAPH -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 1994 09:55:46 MDT

"better late than never") I offer this somewhat belated and
self-serving information. To my knowledge, the earliest article
published in _TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION_ about SGML was my own
"Standard Text Markup: What SGML Means for Technical Writers"
(vol. 36, No. 4, November 1989). The piece was a brief overview
of what SGML is, how it works, and what it's good for.

Live long & prosper,
Mike LaTorra
Documentation Supervisor
Accugraph Inc.
mikel -at- huey -dot- accugraph -dot- com