Open note to Eric on FAQs

Subject: Open note to Eric on FAQs
From: Randy Allen Harris <raha -at- WATARTS -dot- UWATERLOO -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 1994 13:23:06 -0400

Do you think your list has grown up enough to start trafficing in FAQs
(files of answers to Frequently Asked Questions)?

I ask only because of the recent general posts about SGML and Information
Mapping, and some of the responses to my query about E-Prime sources--which
have all been up for discussion in the last few months.

I would hate to foreclose discussion on any of these issues, but if you
established some associate list-owners (list-leasers?) who maintained
files on such "What is X" questions, perhaps the definitional issues could
be addressed uniformly.

And I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble getting volunteers; this list
has an extremely knowledgeable and helpful membership, and it would be
fairly slight work for another notch someone could add to their resume.

Randy Allen Harris
raha -at- watarts -dot- uwaterloo -dot- ca

Rhetoric and Professional Writing, Department of English, University of
Waterloo, Waterloo ON N2L 3G1, CANADA; 519 885-1211, x5362; FAX: 519 884-8995