Re: CEUs

Subject: Re: CEUs
From: Karla McMaster <mcmaster%pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com -at- CTI-PET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 1994 13:26:20 EST

Lori Lathrop writes:
> I've been approached by a university that wants me to offer one Continuing
> Education Unit (CEU) for my 2-day Indexing Workshop, and I'm wondering
> whether it would make my course more marketable. Any thoughts? When you
> attend a seminar or workshop, does it matter to you whether or not you
> can get a CEU for attending (and successfully completing)?

I do think offering a CEU would help.market the seminar. Particularly since I
think that, eventually, professional organizations like STC should require CEUs
for continuing membership (like other professional organizations)...

Karla McMaster, technical writer
CTI-PET Systems, Knoxville, TN
mcmaster -at- cti-pet -dot- com