UNIX screen captures

Subject: UNIX screen captures
From: Tracey Showalter <tshowalt -at- SCTCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 1994 10:14:17 -0500

UNIX screen captures

Hello all!

This request is for an overseas friend who has no e-mail address.

The product she's documenting runs in a UNIX environment; she works on
a PC. It sounds like they're using Windows (the connection got staticky
in that part of the conversation). They haven't determined whether to go
with a DTP package or a straight word processor. The current question
is what screen capture package to use. The final copy will be B/W, so
color is not an issue.

So:
- For those of you who take screen captures of UNIX-based software and#004#
import them into a DOS- or Windows-based DTP or WP package, what do
you use and why?
- Is there one image format that works better than others?
- Are there any special requirements for any package or image format?
- Are there any hidden pitfalls to any of these packages -- or -- What
have we probably not considered that we should have considered?

Thanks,

Tracey Showalter
tshowalt -at- sctcorp -dot- com