Re: Typical Pay Scale?

Subject: Re: Typical Pay Scale?
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 1994 17:00:10 -0800

I think you should qualify your report on techwriter fees to
1) area (Silicon Valley pays much better than East Tenneessee)
2) years of experience and
3) degree of difficulty. (documenting CAD or UNIX will pay much
better than documenting multimedia or windows.)

It is my experience that high-end positions or contracts are negotiated;
there is no "set" fee or amount.

yrs,
andreas

Andreas Ramos, M.A. Sacramento, California