Eureka!

Subject: Eureka!
From: Chuck Banks <chuck -at- ASL -dot- DL -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 1994 08:00:40 CST

You say your mailbox is always full of TECHWR-L messages?

You say you haven't time to deal with the flood as it
comes or in a digest?

You say you want all the TECHWR-L chatter to stop filling
up your business mailbox?

Is that what's bothering you, Bunky?

Then, I have the solution for you!

Send a message to LISTSERV -at- VM1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu -dot-

Leave the Subject line blank.

Enter the following command as the online line
in the message:

UNSUBSCRIBE TECHWR-L <your name>

;^)

Seriously (I mean you DID catch on to the IRONY, didn't
you?), I stay with TECHWR-L because of it's unfettered,
free for all discussion of anything effecting technical
communication and technical communicators.

If the debate on any issue seems cluttered with YEAs and
NAYs, I consider that the price of free debate.

I just feel the change to the Reply method is an impediment
to free exchange of ideas.

And, before I hear another "Why don't you build an alias!"
speech, not all of us have UNIX systems or other system
mailers that allow for creation of aliases. Remember the
cardinal principal of writing for a diverse audience, write
to the lowest common denominator. In this case, I think
that refers to those of us connected by low-power platforms,
like simple terminals.

'Nuff Said!

Chuck Banks
--
|\\ | || // Chuck Banks
| \\ | ||_______ || Senior Technical Writer
| \\ | || || NEC America, Inc.
| \\| \\______ \\______ E-Mail: chuck -at- asl -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com
America, Incorporated CompuServe: 72520,411