LIST Options Changed! Please Read.

Subject: LIST Options Changed! Please Read.
From: ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 1994 09:37:30 CDT

Hi Gang!
Ken d'Albenas made a good suggestion, which I have taken.
Due to the volume of mail and number of (possibly)
misdirected-to-the-list messages which should probably go
only to the sender, I have changed the list header to
automatically direct all replies to the *original sender*,
not to the list.

Up to this point, if you replied to a TECHWR-L message, your
reply went to the list unless you specifically said
otherwise. Now, you have to specifically address your reply
to the list if you want everyone to see it. By default your
reply will go to the sender only.

I had originally set the header to point to the list to
generate discussion, but, as Ken points out, that is no
longer necessary. We have *LOTS* of discussion now, and
extra help is probably not necessary. As Ken so aptly said:

>An analogy to pet food comes to mind. While Spot is a young
>pup, you feed him Dr. Zork's Vitamin Enzymatic Enriched Chow
>For Puppies to make sure he gets all the nutrients to grow
>and mature properly. Once Spot has done all that growing,
>though, you switch to Dr. Zork's All-in-One Food for Mature
>Dogs. The super-duper booster power in the puppy chow would
>just be wasted - maybe even a little counterproductive.

We'll try this and see how it goes. Let me know if you have
comments or questions.

Thanks,
Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu