Re: Netiquette

Subject: Re: Netiquette
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 1994 21:00:56 -0800

MSTSACX -at- GSUVM1 -dot- BITNET said:
> o Please paraphrase, rather than copying (forwarding or including, depending
> on your software), previous posts on the list. This reduces the amount
> of information others have to read. In most cases, people are only
> referring to 2 or 3 lines out of the average 35 lines in a typical post.

I find paraphrases confusing. I can't remember which post that was
that's being referred to. Whereas, if a judicious 2 or 3 lines are
quoted directly, that jogs my memory about the rest of the post.

I would add, please don't make your lines longer than 60 charcters
or so so they can be included w/out wrapping. :)

Karen Kay
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com