Clarification

Subject: Clarification
From: "Vollbach, Elizabeth" <evollbach -at- CCLINK -dot- LOGICON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 1994 08:19:28 PST

When I wrote the message about my entry in the STC competition that
instructed the user to hit keys, I certainly did not mean for it to be
a criticism of the judges, who commented that I should have instructed
the user to press, not hit. I agree with Randy that these judges are
unpaid volunteers and, unless people try to change something that they
don't like, i.e., volunteer themselves, they really shouldn't
criticize. For instance, I write for the San Diego chapter's
newsletter and, although I sure realize there are better writers out
there than I am, if some other STC member criticized my column I'd
offer that person a volunteer opportunity of their own on the
newsletter.

I only wrote that in fun. But I've seen a few criticisms since then,
and they've been making me feel pretty guilty. I was laughing about
hitting my keyboard and slamming cupboard doors, and that's all.

Beth