Re: Using HTML

Subject: Re: Using HTML
From: Kelly Hoffman <kelly -at- NASHUA -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 1994 14:53:55 EST

Laura Lemay <lemay -at- DEATH -dot- KALEIDA -dot- COM> writes:

[overview of WWW and HTML deleted]

> Viewing documents is done via an application called Mosaic, available
> *free* from NCSA. It runs on Xwindows, MS Windows, and Macs.

Note that there are several WWW browsers available, although Mosaic is
quickly becoming very popular. Some of these other browsers do not require
a graphical interface; they work with quite well with VT100s and other
character-cell terminals. One such browser is called Lynx.

If you haven't seen anything of the WWW, I highly recommend that you
check it out. Unfortunately, there's something of a chicken-and-egg
problem. Take a look at the Usenet group comp.infosystems.www, ftp
to www.ncsa.uiuc.edu and look around for info on Mosaic, and
ftp to info.cern.ch for other WWW-related sources.

kkh
Kelly K. Hoffman kelly -at- nashua -dot- hp -dot- com
Learning Products Engineer
Hewlett-Packard, Network Test Division "Reading the manual is
One Tara Blvd., Nashua, NH USA 03062 admitting defeat."