Malapropisms

Subject: Malapropisms
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 1994 17:33:19 CST

I believe that the bet is $0.02. I'll see it, and raise.

"They went at it hammer and tongues."
--Mary Schafer

"Let's do this in one foul sweep."
--Wayne Clayton (Texas House Speaker)

"He eats like a horse afire."
--Angelina Bicos

"She picked a lawyer out of the phone book at ransom."
--Ina Kern

"This bill, if passed, will derail the ship of state."
--Stanley Steingut (Speaker of the NewYork Assembly)

"I want to thank each and every one of you for having extinguished
yourseelves this session."
--Gib Lewis (Texas House Speaker)

/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ sfouts -at- ellison -dot- ti -dot- com
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ When I use a word, it means just what I
choose it to mean--neither more nor less. -- Lewis Carroll