Strange "warning"

Subject: Strange "warning"
From: kristin evenson <kevenson -at- UMAXC -dot- WEEG -dot- UIOWA -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 1994 14:48:55 GMT

I've been intrigued and amused by the recent postings of weirdly worded
warnings. This weekend I bought a foam step, and found the following message
on the back of the pamphlet that came with it:

Your StepByStep can be abused and damaged.
Sharp objects such as knives, pencil points, etc.
can be forced into the foam. Just using common
sense should ensure the StepByStep a long life.

Don't those first two sentences sound as if they're encouraging the customer
to abuse and damage the step? I can just imagine the proud new owner...."oh
boy, not one of those hard plastic steps that can't be damaged!!! Hand me the
steak knives!"

--
Kristin Evenson Hirst kristin-hirst -at- uiowa -dot- edu
The University of Iowa