Emily Post-ing

Subject: Emily Post-ing
From: Gordon Meyer <grmeyer -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 1994 16:31:00 BST

Ahem. Just a friendly reminder that over-use of the "quote" function
is a waste of bandwidth and tends to distract from your own cogent,
brilliant comments.

I only mention this because in last week I've noticed an abundance of
messages that really only amounted to one or two lines of new material
but included 40 lines of "quote". In fact, of all the traffic I get,

If your message editor allows it please consider exercising some of
what you don't need.

Thanks.