Re: Instructions for Stupid People (was Allergic Reaction)

Subject: Re: Instructions for Stupid People (was Allergic Reaction)
From: Susan Mitchell <susanm -at- NCD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 1994 00:54:48 GMT

> Yours from the national laboratory where a sign in the
> cafeteria implores the scientists not to butter their bread
> before putting it in the toaster,

> Joe

Joe, as stupid as this sounds, there are people who do it.
I don't use my toaster very often, but when I did last week,
my efforts were rewarded with a terrible smell and billows
of noxious fumes.

After pressing for answers, I finally got my brother-in-law
(currently living in my house) to confess that he routinely
buttered AND GARLICKED (sorry for the new verb) his bread
before toasting it in my toaster. Maybe I should have posted
a sign? Sigh. He's 24 yrs old, working on a Master's.

Thanks for letting me share the experience. I feel better now.

--
Susan Mitchell
susanm -at- ncd -dot- com 415-691-2798