English as the official language

Subject: English as the official language
From: Anatole Wilson <awilson -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 1994 15:10:43 PST

And on the other side of the coin, how successful has France's fight to
preserve French language and culture been? They even have a ministry of
culture, whose powers of censorship are unclear to me, but frightening
even in concept.

Anatole Wilson "If I should say to a novice,
Sr. Assoc. Information Developer 'write from experience only,'
IBM, Santa Teresa Labs I should feel that this was
awilson -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com rather a tantalizing monition
if I were not careful to add,
'try to be one of the people
on whom nothing is lost.'"
all company disclaimers apply --Henry James