Re: Official languages

Subject: Re: Official languages
From: Dave Peltier <PELTIERD -at- BLITZ -dot- ACAD -dot- LAWRENCE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 1994 16:46:38 -0600

1) Have any of you ever had a publication (or product/manual combination)
rejected because it was written in English?

2) Out of curiosity, if the US _did_ make English "official," whose standards
do you suppose they'd use? Would the legislators pick a favorite dictionary?
Favorite syntax? Would they write their own? How have other countries with an
official language deal with the problem?

Loaded questions!

- Dave Peltier
Lawrence University
Computer Services
peltierd -at- lawrence -dot- edu

PS - I enjoyed the observation about the treaty. but doggonit I lost it. Can
someone forward that message back to me at peltierd -at- lawrence -dot- edu? thanks!