[no subject]

From: Dave Venzke <dven -at- CLEO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 1994 13:35:00 EST

We include marketing-style information in many of our user manuals. I try to
keep the information level as high as possible and hype down to a reasonable
degree. We include this information in our manuals because we often pitch our
systems to prospective clients/users by sending a copy of the documentation.
While we could include marketing information along with the manual, I get the
feeling that people who are judging our product by its doc read the included
marketing info (the stuf that's imbedded in the manual) whereas the separate
marketing materials are viewed as "marketing-slime."

I have no problem including this material in user doc, especially if it's all
in a separate introductory chapter that the end-user can choose to skip over
if s/he chooses.

Dave Venzke | All opinions expressed here are solely my
CLEO Communications | own. Any resemblance to opinions held by
3796 Plaza Drive | my employer is purely coincidental.
Ann Arbor MI 48108 |
(313) 662-2002, ext. 132 | Address: dven -at- cleo -dot- com