Re: Copywright question - Doonsbury

Subject: Re: Copywright question - Doonsbury
From: dargan -at- COBRA -dot- UNI -dot- EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 1994 19:05:48 -0600

> I'm getting started on an internal report about PDAs (Personal Digital
> Assistants) next week, and the analyst wants to include the Doonsbury series
> from last year about PDAs (the now-infamous Newton-bashing week).

> My question is, if the report is strictly internal to the company (~200
> circulation), do I still need to get permission from the publisher to
> reprint it?

> If so, does anyone know who I would contact for reprint permission?

> Thanks in advance!

No problem. Make a copy of your report. Then, take it to franchise copy house
(e.g., CopyWorks, Kinko's, etc.). They have a highly developed copyrwrite
clearing service and can probably get clearance very quickly for a modest fee.

You *could* clear it yourself. But, heck, you could probably do your own
dental work too.

bye

Michael J. Dargan Baker 219
English Department University of Northern Iowa
Office: 319 273 5969 Home: 319 268 0880

Keep America Free! Support the Right of the People to Keep and Arm Bears!