Re: Desperately Seeking Icons

Subject: Re: Desperately Seeking Icons
From: Susan Gallagher <Susan_Gallagher_at_Enfin-SD -at- RELAY -dot- PROTEON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 1994 10:25:00 EST

Donna Ellis writes:
I am a tech writer on a design team that is developing a relational
database management system. The developers are using Visual Basic
to design the GUI, but neither they nor I have the time to design
icons that are appropriate for the application. Does anyone out
there have suggestions for the best way to find, buy or hire someone
to create these? As usual, cost is a consideration, but I would
like to know what options are available.
--------------------------------end original message--------------------------

We had great success turning to one of the local
universities for a senior or recent graduate art student.
He came with an impressive protfolio of student projects and
a great deal of enthusiasm for working in a new medium. We
got off to a slow start. It was difficult to get from the
programmers concept of the function to the artistic
representation online, but the results were truely
impressive!

Sue Gallagher |
Sr. Technical Writer | "Updating a manual
Easel Corporation | is like changing tires
Enfin Technology Lab | on a moving car."
San Diego, CA | -- Edmond Weiss
Susan_Gallagher_at_Enfin-SD -at- relay -dot- proteon -dot- com |