Re: Future Demand for Tech Writers

Subject: Re: Future Demand for Tech Writers
From: Joe Fockler <jfockler -at- IPHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 1994 13:58:48 -0600

According to Sarah Mahoney :

+ >
+ > Inquiring minds want to know: Was that reference to "chopping at the bit"
+ > a simple typo, or has the phrase "champing at the bit" [or, perhaps,
+ > "chomping at the bit"] simply become so removed from its origins that only
+ > nitpickers like me notice when it's mangled? Is it now in the same category
+ > as "intensive purposes"? :-)

+ It probably has gone the way of "beating a dead horse," which my boss
+ uses all the time, and makes me (an animal lover) cringe every time!
+ -Sarah Mahoney
+ -U.W., Seattle - go huskies!

I took notice of the "chopping at the bit" but let it pass. Do you cringe
equally for humans who are abused and fetus' that are aborted? I like
animals too and would never intentionally abuse them, but it seems people
have far less compassion for fellow human beings than they do for
animals. Should we treat animals "humanely?" Yes.

My two cents worth.

Joe+