Translation, International Documents

Subject: Translation, International Documents
From: Steve Owens <uso01%eagle -at- UNIDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 1994 13:04:27 +0700

Several weeks back there were some discussions on the practicalities
involved in book translation. I have copies of the discussion about
"English for Asian Readers", but I remember a topic thread about
dealing with translation firms, things you can do in the process of
creating the book to increase cost-effectiveness, etc.

Does anybody have archives of that discussion, or advice and
information of their own?

Our company is looking at doing some major translation in the near
future, and I'd like to take this opportunity to show some of the
management how useful the internet is :-)

Steven J. Owens
uso01 -at- unidata -dot- com