Re- Outsourcing

Subject: Re- Outsourcing
From: Liz Babcock <Liz_Babcock -at- C28B5 -dot- CHINALAKE -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 1994 16:34:00 -0800

Mail*Link(r) SMTP Re: Outsourcing
In reference to Steve Hollander's complaint about his great ideas and project
plan being stolen and implemented by the company from which he hoped to obtain
a contract, I don't have anything more constructive than "Wow! How unethical!"
or (as Steve himself suggested ) "the obvious 'Don't deal again with anybody so
unethical.'"

I have another suggestion, though, that might spark further debate. Steve, I
note that you are a senior member of STC. Have you thought of sending this
dilemma to John Bryan, manager of STC's Ethics Committee? This is the sort of
problem I've seen addressed in the pages of Intercom, where such ethical
situations are sometimes presented. John does have an Internet address, as
follows:

Bryan -at- UCBEH -dot- SAN -dot- UC -dot- EDU

Liz Babcock
STC 1st VP
liz_babcock -at- c28b5 -dot- chinalake -dot- navy -dot- mil