Out-sourcing

Subject: Out-sourcing
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- MATIS -dot- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 1994 11:04:29 IST

Every day I become more convinced that
what technical communicators do is, in the medium to long run, bound to
become a predominantly "out-sourced" activity.

** Five or six times in my last three in-house jobs I've had to rescue
projects that contractors bobbled. In fact, I've been hired as an
in-house writer only because companies reluctantly realized a
contractor could't give them the quick response and thorough
understanding they needed. Working from the inside myself, I've
found the same thing when trying to outsource overload. You mean
elsewhere it's different?
Mark L. Levinson, SEE Technologies, Box 544, Herzlia, Israel
mark -at- matis -dot- ingr -dot- com | voice +972-9-584684, ext. 230 | fax +972-9-543917