{Manuals on CD-ROM

Subject: {Manuals on CD-ROM
From: SMORE -at- DELPHI -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1993 23:54:15 -0400

The latest brilliant idea from marketing is to put all our manuals on CD-ROM.
(By way of bacround, our company sells peripherals and software for the
VAX market.) I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to do cutting-edge
technology. However, what they want to do is to merely PUT them on CD-ROM; with
no navigation tools or special formatting. Kind of like microfiche.

No one here has asked if the users want this or if the documentiation would be
useful in this format. Does anybody know of any resesarch or experiences in
this area? Thanks for any feedback you can give me.

-Sharon