Technical -v- Technical Writing Expertise

Subject: Technical -v- Technical Writing Expertise
From: Alun Whittaker <alun -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1993 12:34:20 PST

How big and messy a can of worms would I be opening
if I threw in the suggestion that most scientists and
engineers have read and used (not the same thing)
an order of magnitude more technical books and manuals
than most technical writers and many (ducking
here) technical writing teachers?

In which case, who are the experts?

ALUN W....