Re: Usability -- page numbering

Subject: Re: Usability -- page numbering
From: Guy Haas <ghaas -at- INFORMIX -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1993 08:40:45 PST

Thanks for all the insights on page numbering, but
please -- does anyone have any research to point out?
========

> Should manuals have page numbering that simply
> runs from front to back:

> 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ...

> or should it run chapterwise:

> 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, ... 1-22, 2-1, 2-2, ...

> IS THERE SOME USABILITY RESEARCH OUT THERE that <==============
> anyone can point to? Thanks in advance -- I will
> publish a summary if replies come directly to me
> instead of broadcast to TECHWR-L.

--ghaas -at- informix -dot- com
Guy K. Haas, Sr. Tech Writer RTFM?
Informix Software Inc IWTFT!
4100 Bohannon Dr. ^
Menlo Park, CA 94025
[If I were speaking on behalf of Informix, I'd say so, *explicitly*.]