Re: Usability -- page numbering ?

Subject: Re: Usability -- page numbering ?
From: "Chuck Petch, Editor" <PETCH -at- GVG47 -dot- GVG -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1993 15:21:33 -0700

I don't know about usability from the customer's perspective, but numbering by
chapter is a heck of a lot easier to handle when you have to make changes. A
change on page one of a chapter affects only that chapter. A change on page one
of a book numbered consecutively from front to back could roll through every
page in the book. I know this is obvious, but I just thought I would mention it
for the sake of new writers who may read this.

Chuck Petch, | "Get your facts first, and then you can distort
Technical Editor | them as much as you please."
"Petch -at- gvg47 -dot- gvg -dot- tek -dot- com" | -Mark Twain