Need help finding High School text for tech writing

Subject: Need help finding High School text for tech writing
From: Robert Delius Royar <r0mill01 -at- ULKYVX -dot- LOUISVILLE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1993 23:32:19 GMT

Today I spoke with a high school teacher at Canarsie High School in
Brooklyn. He is the head of their technical education (ed technology)
program. His school is interested in adding a technical writing course for
their seniors to substitute for a NY State Regents required English course.
Canarsie HS has an interdisciplinary program that attracts students from
all over Brooklyn who are interested in technology. They study subjects such
as fiber-optic design and robotics.

I teach college-level technical writing at the New York Institute of
Technology for our technical writing major. But I have no experience with
high school level training in this field. I plan to send him some
materials from our program and my classes. But I thought someone on this
list might be able to send me some material about high school programs in
existence and possibly recommend some technical writing texts that would be
appropriate for high school seniors.

He has no access to the net, so I volunteered to ask around for him. If
you have any material or ideas to pass along, you can respond to me at the
address in the header or to rroyar -at- cosy -dot- nyit -dot- edu -dot-

Thanks in advance for any help.

Robert Royar, rroyar -at- cosy -dot- nyit -dot- edu or RobertRoyar -at- Delphi -dot- COM
Assistant Professor of English, New York Institute of Technology