Re: Expensive Software - CHEAP

Subject: Re: Expensive Software - CHEAP
From: Stephen Bernhardt <sbernhar -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1993 14:14:29 -0700

Educational rates are a good deal. I buy ten packs for our lab of
Pagemaker, Word, Excel, and other programs. Not all companies would do the
same for students, but it is worth asking. Our computer center on campus
keeps track of educational discounts.
An ethical question arises--should a student who buys an educational
version at a discount go on to make money on contract using the software?