Re[2]: Best Programs to Unlearn

Subject: Re[2]: Best Programs to Unlearn
From: Susan Gallagher <Susan_Gallagher_at_Enfin-SD -at- RELAY -dot- PROTEON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1993 12:47:00 EST

Carl Gotlieb asked if anyone used WordStar (or Wang) in a work environment.

Chet Cady replied:
No, but I use it at home on an 8-bit CP/M machine with a
daisy-wheel printer. The computer has all of 64K of memory.
A friend once remarked, "There are Nintendos with more memory
than that!"

Fortunately, I keep more up to date at work.

***Boy, you guys must be almost as old as I am! I started out developing
curriculum for and teaching Wang word processing and used coal-burning-WordStar
on my superSpiffy Kaypro at home! I've also done my time with Leading Edge,
Volkswriter, Enable, MultiMate...(Yawn!)

You're right, I haven't seen a Wang (word processor that is) in years, but I
just burried my Kaypro 2 years ago. My husband still misses WordStar, but I'm
not the least bit sentimental and my 486sx with 8M ram allows me to telecommute
once in a while as well as moonlight! WatchOUT! Here comes the 21st century!!!

Sue Gallagher |
Sr. Technical Writer | "Updating a manual
Easel Corporation | is like changing tires
Enfin Technology Lab | on a moving car."
San Diego, CA | -- Edmond Weiss
Susan_Gallagher_at_Enfin-SD -at- relay -dot- proteon -dot- com |