Re: Gender-biased language

Subject: Re: Gender-biased language
From: Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1993 09:34:45 EST

Have things changed in England? I've had some complaints
(including from an expatriate American) that nobody over
there gets it when people complain about things like
referring to all programmers as "he"? I meant less
aware than many people in the US, and apologize for my
Americocentrism.

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com